Collapse Sidebar
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Help Improve Indie Gamers and partake in our feedback threads:

Role Play Improvements
    New Forum Ideas
    General Forum Feedback

3. Welcome to Indie Gamers - Discover, Discuss, and Developer indie games!

Some Quick News

Discussion in 'Forum News and Info' started by intradox, Mar 19, 2012.

1. intradox

intradox Administrative Droid le37 Staff Member Administrator

I am a:
    Gamer
    Ok think I need to make this in order to bring everyone up-to-date due some recent "things"....

1) Off Topic Posts do not reflect in your post count anymore.

2) You can display up to 3 clans/social groups. Only the image is shown but if you hover over the image, the title appears. This is to make it take less space but look less ugly as it had before.

3) Server speed, downtime, errors - I was deploying some new code to my main site, MinecraftGallery.com and it F**** EVERYTHING up to say the least. I will be buying a new server for that site so it's by itself and won't affect the performance of these forums. FYI, the current server is running 4 forums, 1 blog, 3 websites causing massive slowdown on the backend. The server is simply can not be optimized for all these clashing softwares and caching implementations.

4) Logins - As most of you know, the logins are now universal across the 4 indie gaming forums I run. Some of you may be unable to link while others have not tried yet. This weekend I'll be running a sync script to push all accounts across the network.

Please feel free to notify me when you have trouble accessing the sites or just want to say hi by tweeting @Syphra and I'll probably get back to you within 5minutes.

Thanks for the support thus far. :)
    Mr. E, Loki ISP, lambo and 2 others like this.
  2. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Consigliere Staff Member Community Activist

I am a:
    Gamer
    Thanks for everything you do to truly earn that support! Not to brown nose, but you have been and remain one of the best listening and responsive admins I've had the pleasure of interacting with.

My only issue is having to reload sometimes on my iOS devices as it somehow removes my login. Refreshing brings it back.

Keep it up...and let us know what we can do to help! :)
  3. lambo

lambo Insert humorous title here.

Thanks! The forum does seem noticeably quicker today than before :P
  4. Arpeggiøs

Arpeggiøs Champion of Intradox Staff Member Administrator

I am a:
    Gamer
    There we some pretty heavy bumps in the last hour... but things seem smoother now. I'm also being told of some security holes that I'm sure you've already been made aware of.

Glad to hear the syphra network is just about ready to go!

Also, a couple of folk have asked me about what is/isn't allowed in the media section ... the one that displays on the front page. I couldn't find info on it.... perhaps we can get some basic rules? what would make the media section any different than the video section in the showcase?
  5. intradox

I am a:
    Gamer
    Hmm well the site is still pretty bogged down. I've purchased a CDN for all assets (javascript, css, images) so once the main server backend is backup, it should be blazing fast globally.

I disabled image uploading for the gallery currently as we had no rules and I don't have a way to specify categories. Users can only upload to their own personal album.
  6. Arpeggiøs

I am a:
    Gamer
    Nice! glad to hear it.

I approved a video early today... I guess users can upload there, and it goes into the queue. It didn't seem to be breaking any rules, but I don't have a way to really shuffle it anywhere now.
  7. lambo

lambo Insert humorous title here.

Would it be possible to add albums of media like you have done with the pictures. That way you can have a "official star bound game footage." album a "Misc." album and either let users make their own or have a "Member videos" album.
  8. intradox

I am a:
    Gamer
    The only supported way would be for people to create their own public albums. So like their adventures and such I guess.
  9. jaxter0987

jaxter0987 Minion of Intradox

May I ask what those 4 gaming forums are? I'm getting completely hooked on indie games now.
  10. Arpeggiøs

I am a:
    Gamer
    This one, Tig Forum Cube World, and Castle Story Online. Links are at the bottom of the page, in the Syphra network :]
  11. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Minion of Intradox

Oh.
    It's going in this direction then.
    Welp. That's terrible news.
  12. Mystery

Mystery ★ SECRET THINGS ★ Staff Member Moderator

I am a:
    Gamer
    Well, it's nice that it's working now. You're doing a great job Intra, keep it up. Like Loki said you're one of the most responsive and best admins I've met. :P
  13. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Consigliere Staff Member Community Activist

I am a:
    Gamer
    What exactly is e terrible direction in which things are going? I don't get it.
  14. Arpeggiøs

I am a:
    Gamer
    Some people who post exclusively in off topic sections are generally the same people who put value into post counts and member titles.

hopefully with new trophies and member titles, this will be a good compromise for those people.